People’s inboxes are more crowded than ever, and standing out is increasingly more difficult in 2021. So how do you make sure that you give yourself the best chance to succeed and avoid ending up in the spam folder?
Here are 5 reasons why your emails go to spam (ranked by importance):
1) Your email domain isn’t warm enough 🌡️ – to make sure that it is, only set up 1 address that you’re going to use for outbound. Learn about the sending limits set by your email provider which will tell you how many emails you can send in a day. Start slow by emailing manually or sending emails to a very small segment from your list.
2) Emailing your entire list over a prolonged period of time ⌛ – this is never a good idea in 2021. Subscribers want to be talked to in a way that fits with what stage they are in the buyer’s journey with your brand. Make sure to treat your potential customers different from your VIPs!
3) Using spam trigger words 🚫 – There are whole lists of spam trigger words that you should be aware of. Here are 550+ Spam Trigger Words To Avoid in 2021.
4) Emailing inactive subscribers 💤 – If they’re not opening your emails in an extended amount of time, they don’t want to hear from you, and chances are, they will never interact with your brand again. Consider giving them one last offer before letting them go.
5) Clickbait subject lines 😵 – Avoid words that have anything to do with money, and be aware of certain words like: ‘free’, ‘help’, ‘percent off’ and ‘reminder’ that you should avoid using at all costs. Don’t use all caps, too many emojis and make sure to double check your subject lines to always be original and don’t contain any typos or be too wordy.
Fix these 5, win with email in 2021 and see your revenue grow.